Clever guy found this creation while going through one of his books. I was surprised that he found a fun activity to create that was only 2 ingredients! These Cinnamon Dough Ornaments are a fun craft in Fall and for Christmas time as their aroma fills up a room with the flavors of holiday time. Kids like this of course because it’s messy! It also smells delicious! This dough is safe to eat also but I definitely wouldn’t recommend it so be sure to supervise your littles ones when they make these.
Not only are they fun to make and smell fabulous, you probably have the ingredients to make these in your pantry right now!
2 Ingredient Cinnamon Dough Ornaments
- 1/2 cup of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of applesauce
- Cookie Cutters and Parchment Paper
- Mix these two ingredients thoroughly.
- Roll out on waxed paper until about 1/8 inch thick.
- Use cookie cutters to cut shapes out of the dough.
- Place cutouts on waxed or parchment paper and poke a hole through the top so you can thread it.
- Once dry for about 24 hours, thread twine or string through it and tie it. Hang on a tree or just place amongst your decor.
This dough will be very crumbly and dry. It is a lot of fun to mix together but should not be messed with while drying. Make sure it’s flat and isn’t removed from the paper before it’s dry. Handle with care.
These make great air fresheners year round. Encourage your kids to get creative with different cookie cutter shapes! As you can see, we used our animal set from Ikea.