Today’s Clever Guy post is all about hiding your treasures. We made these for the Pirate Birthday party we had and of course, a good pirate has got to hide his booty!
These stones are made with a wet sand mixture then the secret treasures are buried within. We hid things like gold coins and jewels but we also got a little clever and hid plastic animals inside!
These stones are easy for kids to create and they harden in about 24 hours.
Kid’s Craft: Treasure Stones
What you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup of coffee grounds
- 1/2 cup of coarse salt
- 1/2 cup of sand
- 1 cup of flour
- 3/4 cup of water
To create the stones:
- Blend all ingredients together. Go ahead and get your hands in it to mix it really good!
- Take your mixture and form a ball.
- Place the treasure in the middle of the ball and form the stone around it.
- Set to dry on a paper plate for ate least 24 hours.
- You can also write on the stone while wet, just like concrete.
When you want to retrieve your treasure, you can just throw the rock down on cement and you have your treasure!
Hey parents, this would also be good for hiding keys in case of an emergency!