Are your kids saying how bored they are? Help cure that Summer boredom with a fun activity that is also a treat! This ice cream in a bag activity is perfect for all ages and it hits the spot with the Summer heat. Clever Guy loves making this because it’s so easy and mom doesn’t have to help! You’ll be using ingredients you probably already have on hand. It’s easy and only takes minutes!
How To Make Ice Cream In a Bag
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 cup of milk (we used 1% and it came out just fine)
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla
- 6 tablespoons of coarse salt (think rock salt)
- 2 large gallon sized ziploc bags
- Fill up one bag halfway full of ice and add the salt.
- In the other bag, add the sugar, milk and vanilla. Make sure it’s sealed tight.
- Place the milk mixture bag in the ice bag. Seal it and then shake it for about 6 – 7 minutes (until creamy).
You’ll want to enjoy this quickly or you can freeze it for later! We were thinking if you wanted to make this a little more fun, you could add a drop or two of food coloring. Kids can watch it morph into ice cream and watch the colors change!
If you are having a Summer party, this would be a fun activity for the kids!