Looking for a fun activity for kids to do while on Spring Break? Check out this easy way to upcycle a large can into a DIY drum for kids! This craft only takes about 15 minutes to create and you can make different sizes with different colors. For this craft you can actually use any can but a large can is more fun! Think Costco size cans!
Vinyl fabric comes in all colors but we went with a neutral one here. You can purchase this vinyl at any craft store or through the link I provided below.
Kids Craft: DIY Drum
Cost: Under $5!
- Vinyl Fabric
- Large Can (you can use a coffee can, vegetable can etc)
- Crop-a-dile (one of my favorite crafting tools, check them out here: Amazon.com)
- Plastic cord, approximately 3 yards
- Paint (optional)
- Strip the can of any paper. You could leave it as is as shown above or paint it!
- Cut the vinyl into a circle, approximately 4 inches larger than the can opening. Measure the opening of the can, then add 4 inches. Use a compass or a large bowl to trace a circle larger than the can.
- Punch holes around the edge of the circles, about 1 – 2 inches apart.
- Take the plastic cord and start threading from top to bottom in a v motion.
*There are affiliate links within this post.
Angie @ CCC says
Great idea! Thanks for joining!