We tried this recipe last month, loved it and I am finally sharing it since so many have asked me about this recipe! Really, it’s just a twist on the good ole grilled cheese sandwich! I love that it is easy and usually if I am in a bind, I can make this recipe within 15 minutes with items I already have!
* 8 slices bread
* 4 slices (3/4 oz each) Cheddar cheese
* 2 medium fresh pears, cored, cut into 1/4-inch slices
PAM® Butter No-Stick Cooking Spray
1. Preheat large skillet or electric griddle over medium heat.
2. Top 4 of the bread slices evenly with cheese and pear slices. Cover with remaining bread slices. Spray outsides of sandwiches evenly with cooking spray.
3. Cook sandwiches in skillet or on griddle 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown on both sides and cheese is melted.
This sandwich also is great made with fresh apple slices in place of the pears or try both!
Also, if you are up for a tasty challenge, try with a white cheddar or even a pepperjack!