Disclosure: For your convenience, I have included links to products I have used. These links may be affiliate links and when you purchase a product through these links, it costs you nothing and we earn a small commision. Thank you!
Today I am sharing this very easy to create gift that is perfect for the tea lover in your life! You can make these for Mother’s Day, Teacher Appreciation, Christmas, and more! This project didn’t take me more than an hour to make and I, of course, used my Cricut Maker to help make this project.
When I first saw these wooden recipe boxes on OrientalTrading.com, I knew that I wanted to do something a little different with them. Because they were less than 2 dollars a box, I bought a dozen of them and plan to make even more gifts with them (stay tuned)!
Tea Box Gift
- Recipe Boxes from Oriental Trading
- Paint (any paint will do from the craft section)
- Foam Paint Brush
- New Cricut Maker (any Cricut in the Explore family will also work)
- Tea Cutout from Cricut
- Permanent Vinyl
- Triple Thick Clear Glaze or Mod Podge
- Tea packets
- Paint 1-2 layers on the recipe box, allow the paint to dry
- Cut out the Tea SVG on the Cricut and weed out the letters
- Once the box is dry, place the TEA pot cutout on the box
- I like to do a light coat o Triple Thick or Polycrylic to seal the vinyl. You can also do a light coat of mod podge
I will say, the one thing that I did not do for this project that you could easily do is sand down the box PRIOR to painting it. This will ensure a more smooth finish. I personally love using small sanding sponges for projects like this.
After your box is finished, fill with tea and then give it as a gift!
Leave a Reply