Please note, this post contains links for your convenience. All purchase links are affiliate links and we receive a very small credit when you purchase something (thank you). Also, the printable links are for personal use only. Please do not share the printables that are listed in this post but feel free to share this blog post with others.
This post is long overdue but today I am sharing all about my baby shower for Clever Baby! Below you will find food, decor, and game inspiration including all of my printables for free! This baby shower was put together with a smaller budget so I will share some links and resources to make it easy for you to plan your baby shower!
I went with a watercolor flower theme for my baby shower. I purchased watercolor graphics so that I could create printables to go along with the theme. I then used the art as inspiration for my decor and food. I hope you enjoy these baby shower ideas and free printables!
Baby Shower Activities
Baby Shower Onesie Station
This is a fun activity that has become very popular over the last few years. Guests of the baby shower have the opportunity to create a onesie for the baby. Party hosts should cut out the heat transfer vinyl cutouts before the party. The designs should be weeded and ready to go. Then when party guests arrive, all you need to set out is the onesies
Supplies for the baby onesie decoration station:
Tips: To make it easier on your guests:
- Have someone at the onesie table at all times to help.
- Avoid complicated designs and just use one layer design.
- If you plan on switching between glitter and regular vinyl, print out directions on what the Easypress temps should be.
Baby Headband Decorating
Along with the Onesie Station, we had a table for guests to create a headband or two for Clever Baby. This was a very easy setup with a few supplies and some hot glue!
Supplies for the baby onesie decoration station:
- Crochet Headbands
- Foldover Elastic
- Felt Circles (you could also cut these out on the Cricut Maker)
- Hot Glue Gun and Glue
- Shabby Flowers
- Other Embellishments such as jewels, appliques, etc.
- Just a tip – I like to use a dollar store cookie sheet to place the hot glue gun on when guests need to set it down.
Make sure all of the headbands are ready to go. If you order elastic for the headbands, cut and glue the elastic to make the band before your party. Typical baby headband sizes are 14″ to 17″ in length. If you order shabby flowers, you will want to cut them before the party as they will typically be on tulle that needs to be trimmed. Guests can then just pick their embellishments and glue them onto the headbands.
To glue the embellishments, first have guests glue the embellishments like the flowers to the felt circles, then glue the circles to the headbands.
Share a Message for Baby
I put out a plain white book to then have party-goers enter messages for little baby B. It was simple and will be a sweet addition to her time capsule.
Feel free to use this printable sign!
Baby Shower Decor Ideas
- Pallet Backdrop
- I looked on my Facebook Marketplace for a more unique pallet than the standard ones you pick up at stores. I then painted it with a pink color and added a painted wood banner with the baby’s name.
- Paper Flowers
- I made the large flowers on Cricut. If you are searching for them in Cricut Design space, go to “projects” and search for “paper flowers”. You can also find SVG files and how-to videos on the internet.
- Large Letter
- Bought from Joanns and painted pink. I added paper flowers made by the Cricut.
- Other decorations: pink tablecloths, mason jars painted with pink milkpaint and pink flowers,
Baby Shower Game Ideas
I really wanted to have games available that people could do at their leisure so we didn’t have to have everyone’s attention at once. The following is a list of games/activities for the baby shower guests.
For prizes, we put together goodie bags from Target dollar spot and gift-cards for places like Starbucks and Target!
- Guess the Candies – Party guests can fill out an entry from guessing the number of candies that are in an oversized baby bottle!
- I used these pacifier candies from Amazon.com.
- I used a large plastic bottle like these ones on Amazon.com
- Use this printable guess the candies sign for the game table
- Use these printable entry cards for the guess the candies game
- Diaper Raffle – This is a fun way for guests to bring something that moms need and they have a chance to win a prize! Everyone who brings a pack of diapers gets to fill out a card with their name. Then at the end of the party, a drawing is held by the host to see who wins the prize!
- B is for Belly – For this one you just need a string and some washi tape. Partygoers will cut the string based on how big they think mom’s belly is. Once they have the amount, they cut it and put their name on a piece of washi tape and attach it to the string. The person closest to the correct length, wins!
- How Well Do You Know Mom – Party guests can fill out this form at their leisure during the party and the host can review the answers when everyone is done. The person with the most correct answers, wins.
- Don’t Say Baby! – This game just requires some clothespins. Partygoers can watch out for others sho say the word baby. When someone says baby, another person can grab their clothespin. The person at the end of the shower with the most clothespins, wins!
- I found some clothespins on Amazon
- Use this printable sign for the don’t say baby game
- Price is Right – This game requires a variety of baby items. Guests will fill out a paper to guess the price of each item. The person closest to the final total, wins!
- Use this printable to copy it and edit it to the items you have on hand
- Use this baby shower Price is Right sign for your game table
- Old Wives Tales – Boy or girl, this game is easy! Just guess if the old wives tale relates to the baby being a girl or a boy.
- Use this Old Wives Tale baby shower game printable that includes the answers on the second page
- My Water Broke! This game involves plastic babies frozen in ice cubes. The first person to yell”my water broke!” when their baby ice cube melts, wins a prize!
Baby Shower Favors
We went with homemade bath salts for favors for my baby shower. These are easy and inexpensive to make!
Baby Shower Bath Salt Party Favor Supply List:
- Small Mason Jars
- Epsom Salt
- Cherry Blossom Scent
- Soap Coloring
- Mason Jar funnel
- Printable Vinyl
- Printable Labels
Bath Salt Directions:
- Pour the epsom salts into a large bowl.
- Add a few drops of the coloring and a few drops of the scent into the bowl. Start small and then keep adding both until you get the desired color and scent.
- Print these labels. To do this you can just purchase already cut labels from Amazon and print them or you can do print and cut on your printer then your Cricut. The link is to just one of the labels, that way you can format them how you would like.
- Adhere the labels to the mason jars then fill them with the salts. Add the ribbon as an embellishment when done.
Baby Shower Food and Drink Ideas
I decided to do a brunch time shower so a lot of our ideas were based around snacks! We also had a momosa bar for non-alcoholic drink options.
- The Momosa Bar was the highlight of our food section. Partygoers filled their glasses with juice or sparkling water along with some fruit.
- Print the Momosa Bar sign here
- Sandwiches and fruit were easy for me to pick up at Costco before the shower.
- Cookies, cake pops, cupcakes, etc were easy for people to grab and also easy to coordinate with my pink decor.
Using the Cricut Maker
For a lot of the baby shower decor, I used my Cricut Maker. If you do not have a Cricut Machine and you are in the market for one, start out with the Cricut Air but if you want to buy the top line Cricut, go with the Cricut Maker. I use it for many of my crafts at home but you’ll see me also mention it throughout this post. The main difference is you can load different tools into the Maker like the rotary cutter and knife blade. However, for regular vinyl and paper projects, the Cricut Air will be just fine!
More Baby Shower Ideas!
Looking for more fun baby shower ideas? Check out my Pinterest Board that I used for planning! Simply click the photo below or use your Pinterest app to scan the photo!
Leave a Reply