Thank you Disneyland for hosting our stay and allowing us to partner together so we can experience Disneyland’s MaxPass!
On our recent trip to Disneyland, we took advantage of Disneyland’s MaxPass for the very first time. I must say, we are hooked! Disneyland’s MaxPass is an app feature that allows visitors to manage their Fastpasses from the app along with unlimited digital downloads of Photopass photos. Gone are the days where one of us takes all of the tickets and swiftly walks to the FastPass kiosks because now, you can manage everything in the Disneyland app! We also no longer have to go across the park to get the next FastPass! Plus, we have access to all of our photos, for free! Here’s something you may not know, for the last 4 years I have used Disney PhotoPass photos for our Christmas cards so I definitely love the PhotoPass feature.
Here’s what you get with Disneyland’s MaxPass
- Get Unlimited Disney PhotoPass Downloads for the Day – Share an entire day’s worth of Disney PhotoPass memories with family and friends! You’ll even be able to access photos taken on select attractions and during select Character dining experiences. Magic Shots are also included. Simply ask your Disney PhotoPass Photographer to pose you for a Magic Shot, and a select Disney Character or fun surprise will appear in your photo after it’s taken.
- Make FASTPASS Selections from Your Mobile Device While You’re in the Parks – With this electronic option, you won’t need to walk over to a kiosk to secure a FASTPASS entitlement—you can simply make a FASTPASS selection (subject to availability) using the Disneyland app and then scan your code at the entrance when it’s time to experience the attraction.
Here’s how to use Disneyland’s MaxPass:
- Download the Disneyland app.
- Enter the park you wish to visit using your tickets.
- Open the Disneyland app.
- Tap the circular character icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Sign in to the app with your Disney Account.
- Tap “Get FASTPASS”.
- Select all Guests who wish to use the Disney MaxPass feature—if someone is not listed, link their ticket or pass.
- Purchase the Disney MaxPass feature for any Guests who do not already have it.
- Make your FASTPASS selections and enjoy your Disney PhotoPass downloads.
Disneyland’s MaxPass Tips:
- It is $10 per ticket, per day. You can purchase the tickets with the MaxPass or add it at any time!
- You cannot schedule FastPasses until you get into the parks. Everyone in your party must be scanned into either one of the parks then one person can manage them on the Disneyland app.
You can schedule one at a time but look for the periods where you can schedule the next one as it will let you hold more than one at a time!
- Once each person party scans their FastPass for a ride, you can schedule another ride right there in line!
- If someone chooses not to ride, you can cancel the pass through the app.
- Tap “Get FASTPASS” to make your FASTPASS selection and receive a Return-Time window.
- When it’s time to enjoy the attraction, head to the FASTPASS Return entrance and hold your mobile device up to the scanner so it can read your FASTPASS code.
- Schedule your next FASTPASS once time has lapsed and/or after scanning your current FASTPASSES.
For PhotoPass Photos:
Be on the lookout for the photographers who are available at several scenic locations throughout Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park—at Character Experiences, select dining locations, special events and more. You can also find them wandering the parks, seeking to capture magical moments of you and your entire family. When you find them, stand in line and grab a photo!
Select attractions even have cameras positioned in just the right spots to catch your priceless, in-the-moment expressions. You’ll just need to remember to link your 8-character Attraction ID, located on the preview wall, to your Disney account. Some of our favorite rides with photos include Radiator Racers, Space Mountain, and Guardians of the Galaxy’s Mission Breakout!
- Download the day’s photos from your Disney PhotoPass gallery before they expire which I have found to be 30 days.
Here are a few of our photos:
Check out Disneyland’s MaxPass info, here – https://disneyland.disney.go.com/guest-services/maxpass/
Need tickets to Disneyland? Check out our ways to save money at Disneyland including discounts on Disneyland Admission Tickets.