We recently returned from a Disneyland vacation where we stayed at Disney’s Grand Californian. We had never stayed here before and we fell in love! The Grand Californian is the hotel nestled right inside Disney’s California Adventure and it is the best place to stay to maximize your Disneyland trip!
Every single element in the redesigned guest rooms is new—from flooring and walls, to furnishings and bathrooms. The room decor features all-new furniture made of quarter-sawn oak, specially designed for each room, as well as California-inspired artwork.
The headboards are made of quarter-sawn oak, a hallmark of Craftsman design, which frame a blossoming orange tree mural overhead—with mischievous Chip n’ Dale playing in the branches. When guests open the sleeper bed (available in select rooms), artwork of Bambi, along with other woodland creatures, bid them goodnight.
Countertops of the room’s desk, dresser and coffee station incorporate pieces of green glass from wine bottles, creating a beautiful, unique surface. Above the coffee bar, textured copper detailing adds depth to the aesthetic of the room while enforcing the Craftsman story.
Here is what the rooms look like! We loved the Chip and Dale themes inside the rooms.
This was the view of the suite
Benefits to staying at the Disneyland’s Grand Californian:
- Right inside the California Adventure park, it is the closest hotel you can possibly stay at to both parks! This is a BONUS if you have older kids because they can navigate the park by themselves and then you can go and enjoy the spa or a comfy nap!
- Downtown Disney – You can easily hit up the shops including placing a mobile order for the Starbucks store!
- Quiet rooms – we didn’t hear a thing while in our room which made relaxing, perfect.
- Access to Magic Morning – when you stay at a Disneyland hotel and purchase at least a 3-day park hopper pass, you can enter a park an hour early! We LOVED this feature! Between this and Max-Pass, we were able to ride 8 rides one morning in two hours!
- The beds – Okay I don’t know what it is with the beds here but they are so comfortable as soon as I crawled in I was sleeping sound!
- The decor – we really loved the wilderness theme of the hotel.
- Amenities include pools, spa, and a fireplace. It was quite cold when we were there and Clever Guy and I hung out at the fireplace in the rocking chairs!
- No need to leave – we just drove straight from Phoenix then parked our vehicle there. We never had to leave to go anywhere! If you need a delivery for something, you can use Amazon Now and Von’s grocery store also delivers to the resort!
- Beautiful view – We enjoyed sitting out on our balcony where the wilderness view is even present in the courtyard.
The benefits for staying at the Grand Californian are amazing and we can’t wait to stay there again!
How can you book your stay at the Grand Californian?
You can book your stay and purchase your tickets through GetawayToday.com.
Seasonal Offer: Special Gift with Your Stay
Make the holidays even more merry and bright with a limited-edition Sleeping Beauty Winter Castle print—included with each stay at the newly renovated Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa from December 1 through December 21, 2017.
Please note: one print per room reservation issued at check-in. Available while supplies last. Subject to restrictions and changes without notice.
Check room availability online or by calling (714) 520-5050.
Leave a Reply