Disclosure: There are affiliate links within this post which means if you make a purchase, it will cost you nothing but I’ll get a small referral fee. Thank you! One of the questions I always get about going to Disney is “How Can I Go to Disney and Save Money Too?”. There are plenty of ways to save money on your next Disneyland vacation and we’re sharing our favorite ways to save, below!
** Current Money Saving Specials on Tickets at Disneyland**
- Right now through Getaway Today –
This sale is only for 4 days for the July 4th Holiday! Good anytime this year!
- 4th Day Free on Disneyland Resort Park Hopper Tickets
- Valid for travel throughout 2019
- Must be booked by Friday, July 5, 2019 (Four days only!)
- Can be combined with our 4th night free Anaheim area hotel specials
This year is an awesome time to go to Disneyland! Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is open and crowds have been low. It’s anticipated to be an awesome summer, followed by an exciting Halloween Time (September 6 – October 31) and Holidays at the Disneyland Resort starting mid-November.
PACKAGE DEAL –
Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort (September 16 – 20)
4-night stay –Includes 4th Night Free
Free breakfast – Get Away Today Exclusive and $128 value
4-Day Park Hopper Tickets (2 adults and 2 children)
Total = $1,898 – That’s only $474.50 per person!
This is actually during Halloween time and is a GREAT price for a 4 person 4 day visit to Disneyland and California Adventure Parks!
Tips For Planning Your Disneyland Vacation:
- When do you want to go – often the hotels will be less expensive during the off-season which is typically in late January, February and some weeks in March (non-Spring Break weeks). If you go during the holidays, avoid the actual holiday weeks like Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- How many days you want to visit the park – the more days you purchase the more you save per day.
- Where to stay – staying close to the parks allows you to avoid paying for parking at the parks. You can either walk or pay a small fee for a taxi or Uber (we’ve used Uber many times at Disney).
Tips for Buying Disneyland Tickets and Packages through GetawayToday.com:
- There are often sales through GetawayToday.com for Disneyland Tickets. I try to keep this post updated with the most recent sales!
- Use my promo code: CleverPirate to save on vacation packages!
- You can find special prices for hotel packages as well like 3rd night free and reduced prices at the Disney hotels!
- Can’t afford a Disney vacation today? You can also put your vacation on layaway through Getaway Today!
Look for these specials when searching for packages:
Buy multiple days – the price per day goes down drastically!
You get also get packages that include other local theme parks!
Saving money on Food and Souvenirs at Disneyland:
There are a few ways you can save money while in the park as well!
- Split a meal – We usually get small meals throughout the day, share a meal at lunch and then pick something larger for dinners like burgers at Smoke Jumpers Grill or pizza from Pizza Port!
- Bring your own snacks and drinks (no coolers or alcohol).
- Buy your Disney gift cards from Target.com with your Redcard. When you use your Target Red Card, you will save 5% and yes, you can buy them online!
- Ask for Disney gift cards for wedding gifts, birthdays, and Christmas!
- Bring your own souvenirs like autograph books that are kid’s diaries from the dollar store.
- Become an annual pass holder!
- One thing we started doing is creating a “fund” for our annual visits. We sell things around the house and add everything to the fund. The kids have learned to save money and contribute to it so we can make it a family thing (and the kids can learn how to save for something fun too).
Is the Disneyland Annual Pass Worth It?
I truly believe that if you will go more than twice to Disneyland, the passes are very much worth it. Plus it comes with perks! Check out this post where I break down the Disneyland Annual Passes – http://cleverpinkpirate.com/tips-planning-stress-free-disneyland-vacation.
Well that about sums it up! Did I miss any? Let me know if the comments!