One of the highlights of our trip was that we spent quite a bit of time in Adventureland having fun as pirates. One of the activities on our radar prior to visiting Disney World was the Pirate’s League. Naturally being a pirate, a chance to be made up as one at the Magic Kingdom was very exciting. I hadn’t made reservations before leaving but we saw an ad on the bus and we were sold. This is similar to Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique but for pirates!
The adventure on becoming a pirate was definitely a fun one. Clever Teen and I were made up by other pirates with everything from makeup to our nails. Of course the guys got the same treatment too with face makeup. After we were made up we were officially sworn into the Pirate’s League.
We also had a chance to visit a secret treasure room where we were able to complete our journey and find the medallions. Along with the medallions we received our Pirate Oath along with our pirate names on a fancy pirate certificate.
Clever Teen and I got to keep the makeup from our adventures. I’m of course in love with the pink Pirate’s of the Caribbean lipgloss and polish!
Here are the photos from Pirate’s League at Disney World
Clever Guy insisted on being a Ghost Pirate.
Clever Teen and I were Empress Pirates.
The Pirate fun doesn’t stop at just being made up as a pirate. You can also stop by the Pirate’s Adventure just to the right of the pirate area in Adventureland. You’ll get access to maps and start your treasure hunting. This is a free activity that does involve linking your Magic Band to each spot on the map.
Treasure hunters will unlock fun surprises with their Magic Bands that you probably didn’t even know were there like canons in action and seeing sinking ships. This is a fun way to spend time being a pirate while in Adventureland.
Of course all pirates must go on Pirate’s of the Caribbean.
Don’t let the fun end in Adventureland. Go ahead and walk over to Liberty Square and maybe even commandeer a boat.
Okay so we didn’t exactly take over the ship but we did find that if you ask the captain, you may get a chance to steer the Liberty Belle!
You can find out more here about Pirate’s League: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/magic-kingdom/pirates-league/
What you’ll get:
- Your choice of facial effect: Cursed Pirate, Captain Hook, Captain Jack, Blackeyed Jack or shimmering makeup*
- Reversible bandana
- Earring and eye patch
- Sword and sheath
- The Pirate League bag
- Temporary tattoo
- Unique pirate coin necklace
- Personalized pirate oath
- Official pirate name
- Participation in a daily Adventureland Pirate Parade
How to sign up for Pirate’s League: Call 407-WDW-Crew (at this time there is no way to make reservations online)
- Be sure to read the tips on what to do before your pirate adventure starts (like clean fingernails and brushed through hair)
- You’ll want to call early to secure a reservation but we managed to secure 4 of us all at the same time by making one appointment then going to the Pirate’s League sign in to make the rest.
- Select from the different design packages ranging from a pirate to a mermaid!
- You’ll definitely want to have Memory Maker for this because you’ll get all of the professional photos loaded into your account!
Have you ever done any of the pirate activities in Magic Kingdom?