We recently traveled to Williams, AZ to check out Bearizona. Bearizona is an animal reserve that you can drive through to see many animals including bears, wolves, buffalo and deer. You can also walk through some of the animal encounters to see smaller animals like foxes and bobcats. If you are looking for a fun thing to do on a day drive, Bearizona is a great place! Read more on our adventures to Bearizona, below.
Our drive started with getting close to the deer. We loved rolling down our window and watching their curiosity. They came right up to our car and we were able to roll down our windows and take photos and say hello!
The wolves were one of the highlights of our trip. We really haven’t gotten to see these animals up close before and watching them interact with each other was a great experience.
The buffalo were relaxing as we drove through their area.
We did get to see many bears but taking the photos through our car was hard and it was a cloudy day and they were napping. Looking forward to visiting when it’s warmer and we can see the bears out and about!
Walking Through Bearizona
When we walked through this area we saw many animals including porcupines! They were so cute as they nibbled on their food.
The river otters were also cute!
The bobcats were nice and cozy. Bobcats really do look like oversized cats!
We asked the foxes what they say and they just looked at us. I guess I’ll never really know what the fox says.
The baby bears were a highlight of our walk through. They played with each other the whole time we were there.
- Check out more about Bearizona here: http://bearizona.com/
- Go earlier in the day or later in the day, about 2 hours before it closes so you can avoid the crowds.
- You are welcome to go through loops again so if you want to go back and check out the animals again, you can!
- Bring your cameras and make sure your windows are cleaned. There are points where you are required to keep your windows rolled up.
- Save some time for walking around to see some of the smaller animals like the adorable baby bears!
- Check out the times for the animal encounters to help you plan your trip: http://bearizona.com/Encounters.aspx
- To enter this park you are charged by person, I believe that they do occasionally coupons but they are rare.
Looking for more Arizona fun? Save money on the ultimate family fun pass and buy the Phoenix, Arizona Pogo Pass!
Visit this link to purchase the Pogo Pass, be sure to use CLEVERPIRATE for your code so you get the discounted price!
Leave a Reply