Thank you to Wendy’s® for sponsoring today’s delicious post!
Oh lucky you, you get to see baby Sara on the blog today! From everything from my fabulous glamour shots in my Sunday best to my awesome 8th grade side hair pic. Hmm, I kind of still wear my hair that way but we won’t talk about that.
I never thought I would be in denial about my age but my birthday is in 2 weeks and I’m in denial about turning another year older. I don’t think it’s necessarily the number but it’s more the “old age” feeling. I remember when I was young, of course I thought 30’s was old. Then as I got into my 20’s I thought, hmmm, maybe it’s not so bad? Then after 30 forget, I loathe the words “how old are you”.
Hey it’s grown up me with my babies!
So here’s my “10 Ways You Know You’re a Grownup”
- Everyone calls you “mam” without hesitation.
- You sound like your mom and say things like “Because I said so” and “You get what you get and you don’t pitch a fit”.
- Your kids raise their eyebrows in annoyance over your favorite games from your childhood. I actually brought out my regular Nintendo system and I think my kids thought I was crazy.
- Staying up past 10 is considered really late.
- A night without the kids means heading to Target for some kid-free shopping, renting a movie and not even being able to finish it because you fell asleep.
- You hear the songs you grew up loving now on the “classic rock” channel.
- Yoga pants are your go to fashion unless you are headed to church or a wedding.
- Your favorite childhood movies that remind you of growing up are at least 20 years old.
- Those sugar candies and cereals you loved so much as a child taste like you are eating flavored styrofoam. Biggest adult letdown? Fruit Striped gum, I am not even sure it can be considered gum.
- You get to eat grown up food at Wendy’s® like the Smoked Gouda Chicken on Brioche. Okay so this is more of a plus than anything.
So there are good things about being a grown up like getting to order whatever you want off a menu and not having to get approval from anyone. We really don’t eat fast food often but when I do stop, I will enjoy a Wendy’s® meal. My favorite’s include their chili and their pretzel bacon burger! I did just enjoy one of their Smoked Gouda Chicken Sandwiches on Brioche. Speaking of getting older, I didn’t care for cheese varieties beyond cheddar until my 20’s. I acquired a love for smoked gouda and now it’s one of my favorites. Combined with the juicy chicken, this sandwich was perfect for dinner (and under $5)! Hurry, this is only available for a few more weeks!
Have you tried the Smoked Gouda Chicken Sandwiches?
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Wendy’s®. Get a taste of #TheGoudaLife — Be young. Eat grown up.