Apple season is here and I am sure I am not the only one who is very excited. Right now all of our grocery stores have great sales on all kinds of apples. I recently picked up some honey crisp, fugi and granny smith apples for our latest apple endeavors.
When I was younger, I remember one of the first recipes I ever made was baked apples. It was always a favorite of mine but I didn’t make them much as I got older. In fact, I don’t think I have ever made them for my kids so I make some a couple weeks ago.
These oven baked apples are easy to make and don’t require many ingredients. The buttery taste with the combined flavors of an apple pie makes this a perfect dessert for a Fall evening. These are even easier if you have an apple corer. I suggest investing in a good one if you don’t have one like this Apple Corer from Amazon for under $10!
Easy Oven Baked Apple Recipe
- 3-4 apples (cored and sliced in half)
- 1.5 cups of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup of butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a pyrex dish with apples face up.
- Mix the pumpkin spice with the brown sugar. Half it.
- Take half of the brown sugar mix and blend it with the butter.
- Spoon one scoop of the butter brown sugar mix onto each apple. Top with the remaining brown sugar.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes until apples are soft and tender.
Have you tried baked apples? Do you add anything else to it?
Looking for more clever apple recipes? Check out my Pinterest board:
Follow Clever PinkPirate’s board Apple Recipes on Pinterest.
Kelly @ Texas Type A Mom says
These look delicious and so much healthier than a pie or cobbler!