Disclosure: Some products were supplied for this post and affiliate links are listed below for your convenience.
Probably one of the most needed accessories for Halloween costumes is a Halloween Trick-or-Treat bag. You can’t go trick-or-treating without a treat bag! How about making your own?! These trick-or-treat bags are easy to make with basic canvas bags that are already made that you can purchase at OrientalTrading.com.
These bags can easily be made in one afternoon. If you only need one, you probably only need 20 minutes to finish this project!
This Mickey Mouse trick-or-treat bag may be my favorite! See where I found the files, below!
DIY Trick-Or-Treat Bags
- Canvas Bags
- Heat Transfer Vinyl
- Cricut Machine
- Iron/Heat Press/Easy Press
- Mickey Mouse Spider Web Head (On Etsy for $2.50 in a bulk lot of other images)
- Bats (available in Cricut Access)
- Cut the vinyl
- Heat up the bag for about 3-5 seconds, ensuring all wrinkles are removed
- Place the vinyl on top of the bag
- Press for about 30 seconds with iron or heat press, according to your tools direction
Tips for cutting vinyl:
- Ensure your machine is set to iron on vinyl
- Set to “mirror”
- Cut shiny side down
- Be sure to clear any unwanted vinyl prior to pressing
About the products:
Vinyl – I get my vinyl from ExpressionsVinyl.com. The quality is great and I don’t have any problems setting it on fabric.
Bags – The Canvas bags are from OrientalTrading.com which is a great place to stock up when you need more than one of something. These bags were only $1 a piece and are perfect for this project! Plus they have Free Shipping on Orders Over $49!
Leave a Reply