This weekend I participated in the LoziLu Mud Run with Sara from MomEndeavors.com. It was a LOT of fun! I’ve never done anything like this before and honestly, last month’s 5K was my first real run! So this was a fun challenge. Here is a peek into our day (hint click read more if you don’t see the photos below)
The obstacles were a lot of fun! I think there was about 10 and my favorite were the Fish Nets and Exfoliator. I had a lot of fun in the really muddy ones but the real trials were the ones that had height. Did I mention I have a fear of falling and hate hate HATE heights? It’s true. Luckily Sara was encouraging as well as the LoziLu obstacle staff!
Why I loved this Run:
Women’s Only. It’s fun to do these races with your favorite gals and I’m not going to lie it was nice to not have mass amounts of testosterone around during the race.
Nothing too crazy here. Yes some of the obstacles were hard and the ladder may have taken a few moments for me to do but there wasn’t anything too drastic so I was excited to try all of them.
Obstacles optional. We did 98 % of the obstacles and at least attempted all of them but there was one we just didn’t have the arm strength and stability for. It was nice that we weren’t “shamed” for not completing it.
The Celebration. I loved that there was a live band, vendors and beer in the after party.
- I’m in no way a marathon runner but I do a little running. If you are looking to do this but aren’t really active you can still do it! Just do the prep work before. I highly recommend doing the couch to 5K if you haven’t done it. You can find LoziLu’s tips and the C25K program here: http://www.lozilu.com/EventInfo.aspx
- You are going to get dirty. I’m a little shocked I heard someone say they didn’t want to get dirty. It’s a mud run, you are going to get filthy. But that’s the fun of it! There is a “salon” where you can wash off and changing tents so you’ll be back to new in no time. Just bring extra clothes and maybe a towel and a plastic bag.
- Pace yourself in the obstacles. The mud pits were slippery so when running through, stable yourself so you don’t fall on a rock or in a hole.
- The more the merrier! You don’t wan to do this run by yourself as friends are a great motivation to finish! Come up with cute outfits and a team name. The pic above were these girls in princess/prom dresses with tiaras, how fun!
- Check out the FAQ and be sure to read the day of prep! http://www.lozilu.com/faq.aspx
Keep up with LoziLu:
Visit LoziLu.com to find out more and purchase your ticket!
Find the future run dates and locations here: http://www.lozilu.com/Locations.aspx
LoziLu on Facebook: Http://facebook.com/LoziLu
Want to win a free ticket? Enter below on the Rafflecopter!
Buy a ticket and enter EMPOWER15 at checkout to save $15!
You should know: I received a free bib but all opinions, photos and effort is completely mine! For giveaway terms, please see the Rafflecopter.