We spent our last day of Summer Vacation doing one of our summertime favorites, a visit to Cerreta’s Candy Co. in Glendale. Cerreta’s Candy Co is a working factory in downtown Glendale, AZ that produces a variety of candy though their specialty is chocolate! During the week, they offer free tours and we’ve been going on these tours for years! When the kids said they wanted to go, I was delighted that they didn’t think they were too old to go and make chocolate pizzas, the best part of the tour!
On the tour, we were able to walk around the factory and see the machines they use to make the candies. We also learned fun facts about how much candy the factory produces and how much chocolate the world consumes every year!
Jaime Cerreta was present on our tour making some chocolate covered marshmallows for the tour attendees.
The tour features fun facts like this machine being a replica of the candy machine on I Love Lucy. This is one of our favorite episodes!
Afterwords, visitors have an option to upgrade to the VIP experience and make a chocolate pizza. This of course is the kid’s favorite part.
You’ll also get to enjoy some fresh samples too!
If you go:
- While this is a Sunday Drive post, Cerreta’s is not open on Sundays.
- Tours are given M – F at 10 AM and 1 PM. Tours are free!
- The VIP experience includes chocolate pizzas and is $12.50
- You can enjoy samples from the VIP experience but you can also purchase delicious candies in the retail store at any time! There is everything from chocolates to chocolate dipped frozen bananas.
- Find out more here: http://cerreta.com/