My 10 year old is on swim team, in fact this is her third year. We were previously on another team but switched to the Stingrays this year. I wanted to surprise her with some things showing team spirit. I went to Walmart and bought Painter’s Markers from Elmer’s.
I made decorated flip flops (Old Navy of course) with the team’s color which is purple. I took a purple Elmer’s Painters Markers and created polka-dots (which I tried to make look like bubbles). The medium point Painter’s Markers are really easy to do this with. I almost went on a polka-dot frenzy!
The swim team has a phrase they say “Eat My Bubbles”, I wrote that with the black fine point Painters Marker on the sides. I then wrote “Stinrgrays” on the front of the flip flops. I added purple ribbon to the front, about 4 inch strips double knotted and hot glued purple flowers on the top, garnishing with a purple gemstone!
- Take Ribbon (about 1/2 inch in width, this one was 5/8 of an inch) and measure out about 10 inches.
- In the middle, take your Painter’s Markers and write or design what you want.
- Then took velcro (and here I cheated, I just used a heavy duty fastener that had adhesive already on the back) and cut it to fit about 1 inch on each side of the ribbon.
- To do this, fold one side on top (about 1/2 in to 1 inch) and put the velcro on and then take and fold the the other side on the back about one inch, then adhere the velcro.
- The tie up should have velcro on opposite sides.
After it’s done, just velcro behind your sleeve!
This project has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Elmer’s #gluenglitter #collectivebias All opinions, photos and ideas are my own.