Do you enjoy a good spiced beverage during the holidays? I was introduced to hot buttered rum a few years ago when I found a mix for it at Cost Plus World Market.I have bought it every year until I went this year and they didn’t have any! ACK! So I thought about it and said, well I could make this mix! This is quite good and can be made with or without rum!
Hot Buttered Rum Mix
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch of ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
Mix together dry ingredients and store the mix in air tight container. This mix should last a few years if stored in a completely sealed container.
Hot Buttered Rum Drink
- Pour 1 tablespoon of the mix (add a bit more if you like more spice or a little less for a little less ) into a coffee mug
- Cut 1/2 tablespoon of butter in the mug (again more or less depending on your preference of buttery taste)
- Pour 2 tablespoons of rum (dark is best but light tastes great too)
- Fill the rest of the way with hot water
Hot Buttered Rum Party Mix
Having a party? Make this in the fridge ahead of time! Just take the mix and blend well with 1/2 stick of butter and 1 tablespoon of vanilla, chill and serve 1/2 tablespoon of the mix in mugs of hot water and rum