When we were planning our extended stay at Disney World we were trying to figure out where we should eat. Typically we are counter service people but we heard great things about Be Our Guest. This is a restaurant at the base of Belle’s castle in Fantasyland. We managed to get a reservation for our last day there for brunch.
I dare you to read the rest of this post without singing…..
We weren’t sure what to expect but this restaurant is pretty neat no matter how old you are!
It has the feel of the movie with everything from the different castle wings you can sit in to the enchanted rose. I absolutely loved all of the details inside the castle.
The food was also delicious! Get the Croque Monsieur which is a delicious grilled cheese sandwich. Clever Teen took French this year and had actually been talking about the sandwich for months!
And the grey stuff? It really is delicious!
Tips to dining at Be Our Guest Restaurant at Disney World:
- Make a reservation. Because the reservations fill up quickly, you’ll want to make these as soon as possible because typically you can’t get in otherwise. You can make a reservation 180 days in advance.
- Can’t find a reservation on the day you want? Keep checking as people do cancel their reservations usually within 1 week of the reservation date.
- Use the Disney Dining Buddy Service and for a small fee they will keep checking on the reservations and they will schedule it for you!
- Order in advance. This was a BIG time saver! Instead of waiting in line to figure out what to order you can do it from your phone or My Disney Experience and in 5 minutes, you will have ordered lunch. Then all you’ll need to do is walk up and pay! You can order 30 days in advance but you can also order on the day of. We ordered while on the bus to Magic Kingdom.
- Make a reservation for lunch, this seems to be the most inexpensive time to go. Plan it right and go either right after breakfast ends or right before dinner starts so you can combine meals.
- Sit in the West Wing to get the experience of the hidden wing. It may be dark and scary for little kids though.
- Sit in the Castle Gallery to watch Belle and the Beast dance and observe all of the beautiful art!
My favorite parts of the Be Our Guest Restaurant were all the art and details in the castle.
Here’s a secret; if you sit in the west wing watch the portrait of the prince during the storm you may see a familiar face.
Have you been to Be Our Guest? What are your favorite features or meals?