Ahhh yes, it’s that time again. Time to start planning out what we are doing for Halloween, one of our favorite holidays! From parties to decor, there is so much fun that surrounds Halloween!
I love creating little gifts for friends and neighbors no matter the occassion but Halloween always reminds me of being Boo’ed! A Boo bucket is filled with little treats and left on a neighbors door step to celebrate the spooky season. It’s all for funsies!
I created this easy Boo Bucket for neighbors out of……………. a Soup Container. Cute, right?! Even better, it’s extremely inexpensive and super easy.
Project: Halloween Boo Buckets
Time: Less than 5 Minutes
- Soup/Food Containers w/ Lids (found at Smart & Final stores, $9 for 25 which equals $.36 a piece)
- Washi Tape
- Orange Cardstock
- Scallop Punch
- Dimensional adhesive square or scotch tape
- Orange and Black Sheer Ribbon
- Decorate the containers w/ washi tape.
- Print out BOO on Orange Cardstock. I used the Addams font for my Boo Buckets.
- Punch the BOO with the Scallop Punch and adhere to the front with a dimensional adhesive or simply some scotch tape.
- Take the lid and punch out the second layer, there are already holes on top so you just need to make them a little bigger to feed the ribbon through. Tie a know with enough room that the buckets can hang on door handles.
- Fill with candy (I found a large 3.5 lb bag of Tootsie variety candies for $7.99 at Smart & Final , $2.28 lb)
If you want to take these Boo Buckets a step farther, you can get your whole neighborhood involved! Print out some Boo door signs and instructions to include with the Boo Bucket. When you give them a sign, they will hang it in their window or door letting other’s know they have been boo’ed. The cute poem’s that go with it let them know what the Boo-ing is all about! They will then hand out their own buckets with the poems and signs to others in the neighborhood. That way no one is boo’ed twice and everyone can have fun with it! We did it at my work a few years ago, and we also passed out little Halloween novelties with them.
Here are some free Boo Printable examples I found from some crafty friends that I love. Please visit their site and show them some love if you print their printables!
This cute printable from TomKatStudio is so fun, love that chandalier!
Yet another cute one from Tom Kat Studio, Monster Boo!
This one is from My Computer Is My Canvas, A Ghostly Boo which is easy for recipients to copy because it’s black and white!
This one from Anders Ruff is stylish. I love it because its black and white striped which would go perfect with washi tape!