When the Summer heat comes along, what are some of your favorite types of drinks? I honestly love anything with fresh fruit. The thing is, I’m allergic to pineapple and many drinks call for fresh pineapple so I have to really rely on the red fruits like strawberries, cherries, and watermelon! We just bought our first watermelon of the season and naturally it was delicious.
This summer we are actually trying to grow our own watermelon. The seeds have sprouted in the garden, now we just sit back and hope they produce! Until then, we will probably buy plenty of watermelons and make different treats with them. Last week I made this watermelon coconut cooler. This drink is delicious and can be served with or without white rum!
Watermelon Coconut Daiquiri Cooler
|Prep time||5 minutes|
- 1 - 2 cup Watermelon (cut into cubes)
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1/4 cup Sweetened Lime Juice
- 1-2 cup Strawberries (They need to be frozen)
- 1/4 cup Cream of Coconut
A great thing about this recipe is that you can tweak the measurements to your liking.
|Blend everything in a blender.|
|Optional: Add 1/4 cup of rum or for a non-alcohol version use a citrus soda.|
- Be sure to use frozen strawberries so you can get the frozen texture.
- Cream of coconut can be found here on Amazon or in your grocery store’s liquor department in the mix section.
- I use bottled sweetened lime juice but you can use regular lime juice then sweeten a bit more with sugar if desired.
- No one likes to drink seeds so pick up a seedless watermelon or deseed it as you are cutting it into cubes.
This Watermelon Coconut Cooler only takes minutes to make. Let me know if you make it this Summer!