I decided to start a Project Life album for our Summer endeavors. This is going to be a great way to document the fun we are having this Summer! Have you seen this scrapbooking system from Becky Higgins? It is a simpler way to scrapbook with page layouts where you can easily drop photos and journaling cards inside the slots. The system is set to do as you please but many use this system to track life by taking a photo a day and creating layouts based on weeks. While I am not starting a traditional Project Life book, I love that you can still use this system however you wish.
So far I have done a couple weeks and I love everything except journailing. I have always loathed my handwriting so I want to start printing my journailing cards.
You can purchase the Project Life kits at Amazon.com stores such as Hobby Lobby and you can keep an eye out on HSN.com! I actually used a coupon at Hobby Lobby just to save a little bit and I was too impatient for it to ship. I am starting out with one of the 60 piece page protector kids and the Blush core kit.
My tips for beginners with Project Life:
- Remember to take more photos!
- Don’t get behind, create a system where you print photos on a certain day each week or every other week. For me I like printing at Walgreens.com because I utilize their deals and I can pick them up within an hour just a mile from my house.
- Trade cards, these kits are HUGE and you could easily share cards from the kits you purchase with others!
- The layouts in Project Life are 4 X 6 and smaller but you do not have to just drop photos in. You can create matted layouts as you would in scrapbooking so you can print multiple photos on 4 X 6 prints and cut them.
- It doesn’t have to be just photos, you can include small pieces of memorabilia such as movie tickets.
- Look for inspiration on Pinterest and follow fabulous Project Life bloggers like http://sweetrosestudio.com/, http://allforthememories.com and http://www.one-happy-mama.com/
Have you started a Project Life album? What are your tips for beginners?