Disclosure: I did receive an invite to the farm so I could write about the experience on my blog and social channels. All opinions expressed are my own.
We have a tradition in our family where every year we head to a farm and pick out pumpkins. Since Phoenix doesn’t really get to experience the autumn season, it’s nice to at least get a piece of the season by going to pick out our own pumpkins. Last weekend we went to Mortimer Farms to have fun at their Pumpkin Festival! Mortimer Farms is located north of Phoenix near Prescott in Dewey, AZ. The drive was actually welcomed after all of the heat we were experiencing this month as it was about 10 degrees cooler there.
Mortimer Farms is a working farm that has an annual Pumpkin Festival where people can have fun and pick out pumpkins.
We loved walking through the corn mazes at the farm. You can go through the easy, medium or hard mazes. You can also visit the pumpkin patch that also has corn in it.
We loved that there weren’t just activities for younger kids! There were giant slides, hay rides and more!
The kids loved rolling in the tubes and racing! Can you guess who won?
Clever Guy of course loved the fact that you can pan for gems!
The farm animals were very cute and they were so close you could touch them! We also got to see a magic show and pig and dog races! We especially loved getting to see the brand new baby goat.
We had a really good time at Mortimer Farms as a family and are looking forward to going back again.
If you go to Mortimer Farms for their Pumpkin Festival:
- http://mortimerfarmsaz.com/ Buy tickets and learn more!
- Mortimer Farms is less than an hour and a half from Phoenix, located in Dewey (near Prescott)
- Parking is free! Go early and get a good parking spot!
- Prices start at $15 per person.
- Buy pumpkins for just $.75/lb. You can pick them or you can buy the ones in the farm store.
- Stop by the store to get apple cider donuts and pumpkin ice cream! You won’t be sorry.
- I recommend bringing water, the lines do get a little long to purchase things.
- Buy the roasted corn, it’s delicious!
- If you are getting pumpkins, bring a wagon to transport them back to your vehicle.
Leave a Reply