Disclaimer: This post and party were sponsored by Invisalign but all photos and opinions are 100% of my own.
As a mom of a tween who needs braces, we have been exploring our options. I started researching Invisalign for a number of reasons. I remember having braces when I was a tween and I just remember it was not a pleasant experience for me. I remember the gross impressions, the pain of putting them on and taking them off, the horrible maintenance, not getting to eat what my friends ate and I hated smiling. Hated it! Pictures were never an option for me either, I didn’t want proof of it. I want Clever Tween to not have to deal with those issues and Invisalign seems like a great option. I still had questions though so I was delighted to host an #INVStraightTalk event at my house with a doctor and some fabulous bloggers who also wanted to learn more about Invisalign.
Dr. Thomas Shipley of http://www.shipleyortho.com/ came over to explain more about this treatment. He took a good amount of time thoroughly explaining the process of Invisalign and answering all of our questions.
Points we learned about Invisalign:
- Because the aligners can be removed, kids can eat, brush and floss as they would normally. Teens can smile with confidence while straightening their teeth since this treatment, unlike traditional metal braces virtually invisible.
- The measurements for the aligners are taken with a digital scanner! No messy impressions or uncomfortable xrays.
- Each space in the aligner is developed to help each tooth fall back where it needs to be.
- The treatment is broken into phases and different sets of aligners.
- Invisalign is comparable in cost to braces. While all doctors vary, Dr. Shipley says that he offers Invisalign at the same prices as prices.
- Users of Invisalign can take them out to eat anything they want and it’s okay. The aligners only need to be worn 20-22 hours a day.
- The average time frame for treatment is 12 months (depending on the severity of the case)
- So what if your kid loses it? There are alloted replacements available that are included in the treatments.
- Worried that your child isn’t wearing the Invisalign like they should? There is an indicator directly on the aligners that help the doctor determine if they have been worn correctly. This is great!
After the talk with the doctor, we did a little throwback to the 80’s with some fab photos in our 80’s gear!
We also shared what makes us smile!
I’m glad I was able to learn more about Invisalign for Clever Tween.Dr. Shipley stated that the longer you wait for treatment, the harder teeth may be to treat. Yikes! I have to get Clever Tween an appointment ASAP to start the process!
Take the Invisalign Smile Assessment ! Did you know there are more than 2 million Invisalign cases in treatment or completed worldwide. From very simple to very challenging, Invisalign offers a full
spectrum of clear straightening treatments for most types of orthodontic issues. Take the Invisalign Smile Assessment to find out if Invisalign is right for you or your child.
You can keep up with Invisalign here: