I love chocolate syrup, and so do my kids but we don’t have it very often because of the HFCS in pretty much all chocolate syrups. Recently, I found out how easy it was to make homemade chocolate syrup with no high fructose corn syrup! In fact, this costs less than $.50 a jar!
Homemade Chocolate Syrup Recipe
- 1/2 cup of cocoa (I used Nestle cocoa found in the baking aisle at Walmart for around $2.50)
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla
- pinch of salt
This recipe CAN be doubled!
*Very Important Tip: Watch the saucepan the entire time as this can boil over quickly.
- Pour water and cocoa into saucepan, over medium heat stir and dissolve the cocoa.
- Bring to a small boil, slowly add sugar.
- Mix well then bring to a small boil on medium heat, continuously stirring for about 3 minutes.
- Remove and add salt and vanilla.
Pour into a sterilized jar and refrigerate! Enjoy! This actually tastes like chocolate, not like a sugary syrup!