Growing up, my mom’s favorite frugal and easy recipe was Tuna Casserole. I have used this also many times with my kids and wanted to share my chicken version. All of the ingredients are simple and were purchased at the dollar store, more specifically Dollar Tree where the canned peas were only $.79 cents and they had Healthy Request Campbells Cream of Chicken soup (my favorite).
This recipe is not only easy and under $5, it contains protein, veggies and carbs!
Recipe: Dollar Store Chicken Casserole
Time: 15 Minutes
- 1 bag of egg noodles
- 1 can of chicken
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup
- 1 can of peas (drained)
- 1 tablespoon of lemon pepper seasoning
- Boil noodles, then drain.
- In a large bowl, combine noodles with remainder of ingredients.
- Top with shredded cheese if desired.
- Serve warm.