Have you had fried potato strings? Also known as shoestring potatoes or fried potato spirals! These are easy to make and perfect for game time! All you need is a viral vegetable peeler, oil and seasoning. The trick is heating them up just enough to crisp them but don’t burn them. My favorite seasoning for these is a creole seasoning.
I recently purchased a Spiral Vegetable Peeler that spirals the vegetables and this tool makes appetizers and side dishes in minutes!
What you’ll need:
- Spiral Vegetable Peeler
- Vegetable Oil
Creole seasoning or salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a frying pan
- Wash potatoes
- Place the potatoes on the vegetable peeler, continue to peel until there is only a core
- Place the potato spirals on a dry paper towel to absorb the moisture
- When the oil is heated, place the spirals in the hot pain, in batches
- Cook each batch for about 2.5 – 3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and crispy
- Remove from oil and place in a bowl or on a plate
- Season as desired
Sauce is simply sriacha, mustard and katchup. This recipe can be made in about 10 minutes from start to finish!
Football bowls are from the dollar store!
Leave a Reply