In my younger years I remember enjoying cranberry sauce during Thanksgiving, it was my favorite side dish. However, it was out of a can. I honestly hadn’t tried fresh cranberries until I was older. I was like whoa, this is delish and not out of a can!
I thought maybe it would be really difficult to make but I soon found out, it was only a few ingredients! So if you haven’t tried it yet, don’t be afraid to try!
Fresh Cranberry Sauce Recipe
- 1 Package of Fresh Cranberries
- 1 Cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1 Cup of Orange Juice
- 1/4 tsp of Orange Rind
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Dissolve sugar in orange juice and bring to a low boil.
- Add cranberries and cook on med-high for about 10 minutes, continuously stirring. You’ll start to hear popping, don’t worry that’s a good thing!
- After about 10 minutes and all cranberries have pretty much popped, reduce to a low simmer and allow to cook. Don’t stir!
- After about 5 minutes of simmer, remove and let it settle for about 10-15 minutes. Ready to serve!
- If it tastes pretty sour, feel free to add a little more sugar.
What do you think of cranberry sauce? Have you made it from scratch before?