Affiliate links may be located throughout this post.
If you are looking for an easy dessert to feature at your fall or Thanksgiving gatherings, these Apple Pie Pops are really easy to make! Clever Teen actually made these for her class and I said I would share them with y’all!
The first thing you need of course for a good apple pop are crisp apples. We love Honey Crisp apples, however, unless you find them on sale you will pay about $3 – $4 a pound! If you can’t find them on sale, we like using Granny Smith apples for chocolate apple desserts. The reasoning is because they are crisp and we like the contrast of the tart and sweetness together.
The next thing you need is a good chocolate. You can use a quality chocolate chip or an almond bark. If you go with the chocolate chips, you will have a softer texture on the outside. However, if you plan on transporting them, I would recommend an almond bark. This will harden the shell and will take longer to melt.
The final thing is the toppings. The toppings can really be whatever you want them to be; sprinkles, nuts or candies. We found these Fall M&Ms and they were the perfect accent piece to our apple pie pops.
Candy Apple Pops Recipe
- 1 12-ounce bag of chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Candies such as M&Ms
- 4 – 6 apples, cored then sliced from top to bottom
- Sucker sticks
- Parchment or wax paper
- Optional: Chocolate warmer
- Pour the bag of chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl by cooking the bowl for 30 seconds at a time, stirring in-between. Do this until melted, all chocolate chips should be melted within 60 seconds. Be careful not to scorch them!
- Melt the white chocolate in another bowl.
- Place the sucker sticks at the bottom of the apple slices and slowly dip them in the chocolate until covered. I recommend using a chocolate warmer or a smaller slow cooker to keep them warm. To ensure they are covered, spoon the chocolate over the apples.
- I use this little dipper for all my chocolate projects. The great thing is you could use it for different things too like serving gravies sauces at Thanksgiving.
- Place the chocolate dipped apple slices on the parchment or wax paper and allow them to harden.
- Drizzle the white chocolate on the tops then sprinkle your topping on the white chocolate. These should harden within the hour but you can place them in a cool place or refrigerator to expedite the process.
Leave a Reply