Love Trader Jo’s Candy Cane Jo-Jos? Check out this easy recipe for Peppermint Truffles!
One of my favorite treats during the holiday time is Trade Joe’s Candy Cane Jo-Jos. If you aren’t sure of what these are, they are like OREO cookies! So if you don’t have any Jo-Jo’s on hand, you can also use Oreo’s. This year I selflessly gave up my box of Jo-Jos to make these peppermint truffles. Truffles are an easy treat to make during the holidays and you could really use any flavor of sandwich cookies. It may be too late for you to grab some peppermint Jo-Jos but you could make this recipe with any sandwich cookie!
This recipe is easy to make and can be made with Peppermint Oreos, Jo Jos or any sandwich cookie. Ready in an hour!Serves 24
8 ounces of white chocolate candy bark
1 box of Trader Jo Candy Cane Jo Jos (approx. 36 cookies)or you can use OREO cookies
1 8 ounce package of cream cheese
Parchment paper 4
- Crush the candy cane jo-jos (or Oreos) in a food processor or blender. I actually made these in a Kitchen Aid with a paddle attachment.
- Add the cream cheese to the crushed cookies until well blended.
- Once the mixture is blended, form the dough into 1 inch balls.
- Freeze the balls for 30 minutes.
- Melt the white chocolate in the microwave for 60 seconds, stir well until fully melted. To make your candies extra peppermint like, you can add a few drops of peppermint extract into the melted candy.
- Dip the dough balls into the chocolate and place them on the parchment paper.
- Top with crushed up candy canes or peppermints.
These should harden within an hour!