My daughter came to me a few weeks ago and asked if I had a lamps he could have for her room. I didn’t so I started looking and lamps are pricey! I knew I could easily do a lamp makeover with a lamp from Goodwill. I went on half off day and found a gold lamp for $3 and a lampshade for $2 bringing my grand total to only $5! All it took was a little cleaning and some spray paint (of course)
Here is the before and after of my Goodwill lamp:
Project: Goodwill Lamp Makeover w/ Spraypaint
Lamp w/ Lamp Shade
Here is what I used
Krylon Blue Ocean Breeze Spray Paint
Krylon Fusion Satin In Plum
Krylon Triple Thick Glaze
- Wipe away the lamp and shade from any dirt.
- Cover the cord with a paper lunch bag, also stuff a piece of paper bag in the socket to prevent any paint inside there.
- Spray the lamp with a coat, staying approx 8 inches back with a steady motion, allow to dry.
- Repeat with the shade.
- Once they are dry, spray a second coat and allow to dry.
- Spray the lamp with a sealant or glaze to prevent chipping or marks.
- For the embellishment, use a vinyl cut out and adhere it to the front of the shade.. I cut this one out on the Silhouette.
Linked up at the fabulous: