*Affiliate links are below but these are truly all my thoughts of love for Amazon Prime.
Today I am writing a little ode to the one site that saved my holiday. I’ve actually relied on Amazon Prime for a few years now during the holidays. This is the easiest way to save money, time and sanity! But not just around the holidays. Amazon Prime is perfect for all year round and it’s more than just shipping. Below, I break down the benefits of Amazon Prime.
Is Amazon Prime Worth it?
Yes, undeniably so! This is coming from someone who is just too frugal to pay for the extras in life such as cable!
Prime is only $99 annually. When you break out an annual subscription to Amazon Prime, it’s only $8.25 a month. For all of the benefits that Amazon Prime offers, it’s well worth it! Even if you only used it for shipping benefits and purchases just 2 things a month, at an average of $4.99 shipping, it already pays for itself.
Below is my list why Amazon Prime is one of my favorite things on the internet.
Reasons to Get Amazon Prime:
- FREE 2 day shipping: This is by far the number one reason to get Amazon Prime. With this, you can order essentially anything available on prime no matter how big or small, and get it for free in 2 days. Most things are offered with guaranteed 48 hour delivery. I always go to Amazon first when I am looking for something to purchase and often times, it’s the best deal. Combining the best deal with free 2 day shipping is definitely a win win situation.
- Prime Music: Don’t bother with Pandora anymore, you can stream most digital albums and singles on Prime. You can even access playlists inspired by your favorite artists, for free! If you haven’t heard, Beatles was released on Prime Music. THIS is a big deal!
- Prime Movies and TV: Give your Netflix a break and try out Amazon Prime movies and TV. We gave up cable about 2 years ago and haven’t regretted it since. While Netflix does have it’s own movies and shows, Prime offers quite a bit of the same movies and shows that Netflix does. Plus Amazon Prime has it’s own shows and exclusive movies.Amazon Prime Video 30-Day Free Trial
- No Rush Shipping Incentives: If you don’t need your items in 2 days, you can often select no rush shipping and receive a credit for digital movies & music or Prime pantry credits. I did this during the holidays and acquired quite a few digital credits. I was able to then purchase a few of my favorite holiday movies for free with these credits.
- Free apps: There seems to be quite a few offers for free apps from Amazon. In fact, they claim to offer $10,o00 in FREE app downloads when you go through the Amazon app.
- Prime Now: Need it an hour? Prime now is a new service in major metropolitan areas where you can order some of your favorite essentials and have them to your doorstep in an hour. They say they are updating new delivery areas, daily.
- Free Cloud Storage for Photos: Backup your photos on these free unlimited cloud storage. Even Apple and Google have limits on the download storage.
- Kindle Lending Library: Check out a free book every month if you own a Kindle reading device. You can get a device for as low as $39.99!
- Kindle First: This is another benefit for Kindle owners where those who own a device can check out a pre-released book for free.
- Video Subscription Services: As I said earlier, we don’t have cable. However, Amazon just released an option to subscribe to certain cable channels such as Showtime and STARZ. We are a movie loving family so we were excited to see that we could subscribe to STARZ for only $8.99 a month. Even with the cost of Amazon Prime per month if you broke it out over 12 months and added STARZ, that is only $17.24 a month. This is much cheaper than cable and you have access to hundreds of movies and shows with both Prime and STARZ.
- Prime Pantry: This is an easy way to deliver non perishable foods and household items such as laundry soap and toilet paper, right to your doorstep. The cost is $5.99 per order but you can fill up a very large box and often get credits for pantry boxes when you order on Amazon.
- Prime Exclusive Coupons: When you are shopping Prime Pantry, you can also utilize exclusive coupons that will be taken off automatically.
- Prime Early Access: Prime members have access to Prime only deals and they also receive early access to deals offered on Amazon.
Amazon App: Have access to everything Amazon Prime right at your fingertips. When I remember something I need to purchase I can easily log onto the app and place my order to be here in 2 days. The app also features access to free phone apps and deals.
- Underground Apps: Click on this to access apps that normally have a fee, for free!
- Deals: Check out today’s deals along with upcoming deals where you can “watch” deals you select and you will get a notification right before your deal starts.
Amazon Echo: I just received one of these as a gift recently and I really like it! Essentially it’s a pretty awesome speaker but it’s so much more!
- Bluetooth Speaker: This device allows you to stream Prime Music and music from your digital library. You just tell the Echo what you want to hear and the speaker will play it for you. You can also use voice commands to skip songs, favorite them and even turn up the music.
- Add items to your Amazon Lists: Let the Echo know what you want to have on your list or even order from Amazon and the Echo will help you!
- Control lights and switches with your Echo if you have one of the smart light setups.
- Ask it questions and she (yes, the Echo is a woman named Alexa) will tell you as much as she knows. You can ask her the weather, about traffic and you can even ask her to tell you a joke.
If you don’t already have Amazon Prime, get Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial!