I just did my living room makeover reveal where I shared my DIY and cheap finds for my living room. I needed something for the walls and I had looked into getting art for the room but it’s pricey! I decided to make my own with some leftover upholstery fabric I had gotten from a local shop for free. It really only took minutes to create! You may have fabric and old frames just laying around where you can do this right now or head to your local Goodwill to do this for cheap!
Upcycled Fabric Wall Art
Time: 7 minutes
Cost: As low as Free (check your local upholstery shops for fabric scraps that are often given away for free) and $1 – $3 per frame found at Goodwill or other thrift stores. You may also be able to find fabric yardages there as well.
- Large photo frames (glass or no glass)
- Staple Gun
- X-ACTO Knife
- Cutting Board
- Measure the frame and around the frame to find your fabric measurement.
- Take the X-ACTO knife and cut out the fabric or use scissors.
- Staple one side of the fabric to the back, then the other side pulling it very tight. Then staple the top and repeat with the bottom.
- Take the ribbon and staple each end to the opposite sides of the top.