Do you remember playing with slime as a kid? I would buy this stuff out of the quarter vending machines and I am sure it drove my mom crazy. With the kids being on Spring Break we decided to make some Slime for the kids to play with. It was actually a lot easier than I thought it would be.
1 tsp Borax
1 cup water
1/2 cup water (these need to be separate)
1 – 4 ounce Elmer’s White School Glue (or half cup)
Food Coloring if desired Directions:
- Pour the glue into one bowl.
- Add 1/2 cup of water to the glue bowl and stir well.
- If desired, add food coloring. Add about 1 tsp of food coloring to glue bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix one cup of water and 1 teaspoon of borax powder.
- Slowly stir the Borax mixture into the glue mixture.
- Stir and kneed the slime until firm.
- Break apart the slime if you need to divide between kids and store in zip lock bags.
- This is a personal preference but this is an outside only toy in our house because it will get all over.