Have you had cold brew coffee yet? I’m not normally a cold coffee type gal but with the Summer heat already here, I may convert. I have made a few batches of this cold brew coffee recipe and I was surprised how easy cold brew coffee is to make! Many say the reason to drink cold brew coffee is because it has a lesser acidic taste and it doesn’t ever have that burnt taste to it.
Cold brew coffee is great to keep in the fridge for about a week and the great thing about it is it’s a concentrate. This means you only need a little bit for that coffee taste and pick-me-up!
Supplies for Cold Brew Coffee:
- Mason Jar (qt size like these ones that are less than $1 a jar on Amazon)
- Medium Coarse Ground Coffee (use a coffee grinder like this one to grind whole beans grind until ground but not finely ground)
- Coffee Filters
Directions for making Cold Brew Coffee:
- Pour 1 cup of coarsely ground coffee into the mason jar then fill the jar with water.
- Store in refrigerator for at least 1 day.
- Strain the coffee with a filter or cheesecloth into a cup, filling the cup only 1/3rd of the way.
- Add ice then fill the rest with water.
- Add creamer and syrups and enjoy!
I love making coconut flavored coffee so I’ll usually use french vanilla creamer with a teaspoon of Real Cream Coconut.