I recently created these book image coasters out of a vintage anatomy book. Clever Dad said I shouldn’t cut the book but I fell in love with this book that cost me only $.50 cents at Goodwill because of it’s images. These coasters are the perfect way to display those images.
These coasters would make a great gift for Christmas or you could make these for a holiday. I originally made these for Halloween but realized they were unique enough to have all year round. You don’t need to score a deal like that though to make these book page coasters. You can use any paper image including ones you print. I love The Graphics Fairy for vintage style images. You can cut and print them for these coasters.
DIY Vintage Book Paper Coasters
What you’ll need:
- Coasters (You can pick some up at the dollar store or buy this 50 pack on Amazon for only $8.99, that is only .18 cents a piece)
- Book images
- Acrylic paint
- Mod Podge
- Foam brushes
- Cut around the images.
- Coat the coasters with 1 – 2 coats of paint, allow to dry.
- Dab Mod Podge in the middle of the coaster, then apply an image.
- Once adhered to the coasters, coat with Mod Podge and smooth.
- Once dry, you can use them!
You could also use a chalkboard paint on these coasters where you could write things along the sides of the images.
Do you have any books you could do this with?