It’s the week that Star Wars, the Force Awakens comes out and I’m VERY excited. I’ve decided to not read any of the conspiracy theories and have avoided the last couple trailer releases so I can be completely surprised by the new movie.
I was challenged to make an Ugly Christmas Sweater with my Cricut machine. To celebrate the movie release, I decided to make a Star Wars sweater! Even though Darth Vader won’t make an appearance in the new movie, I decided to make him the focus of the shirt. I then put the Imperial Stars and Storm Trooper topped Christmas trees.
DIY Star Wars Ugly Christmas Sweater
Time: 1 Hour
- Cricut Explore
- Iron-on Vinyl
- Star Wars SVG files (I bought mine on Etsy)
- Straight pins
- Clean dish towel
- Upload your images to a new Design Space project.
- Load your iron-on vinyl onto the mat, shiny side down.
- Cut the vinyl.
- Remove the extra vinyl from the plastic and cut away most of the extra plastic.
- Warm your sweater with the iron.
- Lay out the vinyl, shiny side up.
- Pin the plastic in place with straight pins.
- Heat the iron on the highest setting, be sure to turn the steam off.
- Lay the dish towel over the vinyl.
- Hold the iron on each section for 10 seconds, each press.
- Carefully remove the towel and then the plastic. If your vinyl hasn’t adhered to the sweater, iron directly onto the plastic for about 5 seconds each press.
- Remove the plastic and you’re done!