We’re getting excited for our upcoming trip to Disney World! Of course, I can’t go without making a few Disney Shirts first! In this post I’m sharing one an Alice in Wonderland themed tank that I made for the Clever Teen. I’ll also hare where to get this free file and how you can make this shirt too!
Race You To The Teacups Tank
- Cricut Maker
- Heat Transfer Vinyl¬†(right now everything is on sale at ExpressionsVinyl.com!)
- Racer Tank
- Easy Press
- Get your FREE Race you To the Teacups SVG for Cricut Design Space here!
Just a note, my shirt looks a little different because I did add things from the Cricut Asset library. Feel free to put your own twist on it too!
All About Layering Heat Transfer Vinyl –
This takes a little time to plan because of the different cuts so just be patient as you piece and press.
After you cut this on your Cricut:
- Weed the cuts first.
- Make sure that each of your cuts are cut out with the transfer sheet still attached. Cut as close to the cuts as possible.
- I’m going to share a quick tip with you, when wanting to make sure everything is centered, fold your shirt in half evenly then finger press a crease down the middle. You can then line up all of your cuts with that one line and it will press out promptly.
- Do a practice layout first to make sure you know where you want each piece to go.
- Put a teflon sheet down and use the Easy Press to put the first layer down.
- Work your way through each layer.
*Important Tips for Layering Heat Transfer Vinyl*
- Make sure that you do not have any vinyl that is laying on top of another plastic transfer sheet.
- When doing multiple layers, you do not have to press each layer for the full amount, tack it enough to adhere, usually 5-10 seconds because it’s not adhering to fabric, it’s adhering to the previous HTV layer.
¬†Looking for more Disney Shirts? Check out these posts (click on the photo)!
And because you can never have too many options when it comes to DIY Disney Shirts, check out these awesome shirts from my Disney loving friends!
Best Day Ever Cruise Shirt from A Night Owl
Tangled Hair Shirt from See Vanessa Craft
Squad Goals Shirt from Liz on Call
Disney & Churros Shirt from All for the Memories
Cruella Shirt from Pretty Providence
Walt Disney Quote Shirt from Moms Without Answers
Dole Whip Shirt from My Disorganized Life