The Clever Teen started high school recently and we found out that they need to wear their IDs. Instead of the standard lanyard, I wanted to craft up a few different ones for her to have. My first idea was to create a fun Disney Lanyard that we could take with us to Disneyland next time we go!
This lanyard was easy to create with Mickey Mouse ribbon. Perfect for school or to take to Disney to hold tickets and fast passes.
DIY Disney Lanyard
What you’ll need:
- 40 inch Strand of Ribbon – I bought this one from Hobby Lobby but I also found some Mickey Mouse Ribbon on Amazon
- Hot Glue Gun
- Lanyard Pieces (key ring, hook and plastic pocket)
I was able to find old lanyards at Goodwill and took them apart for the pieces but these can be found at Hobby Lobby or Amazon.
- Take the ribbon and place it around your neck, brining the two ends to the front matching the back of the top piece to the front of the bottom piece.
- Place the key ring at the end then fold the ends over about 1 inch and hot glue the ends to the back of the ribbon. Be sure to glue the front ribbon to the back as well.
- For extra security, be sure to sew next to the glue line once it’s dried.
- Attach the hook and pouch, done!