A few weeks ago I fell into the “closet boredom” funk. I hated everything in my closet and I wanted to revamp it a bit. I knew I needed color so I recently went shopping for a new Spring Wardrobe for everyday wear and of course Bloggy Bootcamp, SNAP and So Fab 13. I’m a sucker for some of these trends and when the price is right, its all mine!
When I started dabbling in stripes I just heard my mother say “you shouldn’t wear stripes, they make you appear larger”. Well if you wear stripes right, you’ll do just fine.
- Mint and grey top ~ the stripes are diagonal not really drawing attention to a certain spot. Plus I love the colors! (Ross $7.99)
- White top with black stripes ~ I love how the wide angle and arms keeps the top from sticking to me but the waist on it comes it still making it fashioable and a perfect pair with colored skinnys. (Ross $7.99)
- Knit Pencil Skirt ~ I have a hard time with Maxi skirts so this is a great alternative. ($30 http://www.etsy.com/shop/shelleybeeoriginals)
If you were a tween/teen in the early 90’s you remember all the floral patterns. Now that they are trendy again, I’m finding myself in love with them all over again! Along with the comeback of florals is denim shirts or Chambray.
cham·bray A linen-finished gingham cloth with a white weft and a colored warp, producing a mottled appearance
- Floral Dress ( $5 at Goodwill)
- Chambray Top ($1 at a thrift store, don’t be jealous)
If you know me, you know I pramarily love black. I mean 3/4 of my closet was black until I did a purge and update. I went out of my comfort zone within the last year and purchased lots of color and gold.
- Mint ~ I love it love LOVE it! Mint Denim ($8.99 Ross) Mint Chunky Necklace (Groop Dealz $5.99)
- Coral ~ Coral Denim (Ross $16.99) Coral Bubble Necklace (Groop Dealz $6.99 )
- Gold Sandals (Forever 21 $12.99)
Oh Lace, how I have always loved it! If I wasn’t so embarrassed I’d show you my prom pic from high school, head to do lace! I’m glad lace is always trendy! A new fav for me is sheer tops and they are definitely popular right now. I love the textured and patterned ones as shown with this Navy Polka Dot top.
- Rust Lace Belted Dress ~ I’m loving these belt dresses and this lace one was a perfect find for me. (Ross $16.99)
- Navy Polka Dots ~ (Downeast Basics $24.99)
- Brown Textured Lace Top ~ Sheer & Lace (Ross $8.99)
So I fell in love with all the Polyvore images on Pinterest that had cowboy boots paired with dresses. I was disappointed when I went to Target, found cute ones and they were not in my size. That night I went to Target.com and found them for half off on clearance! Wooo!
What are some of your favorite Spring trends?