Summer is in full swing here and life is crazy! We’ve had so many events lately but not only that, we’ve had a few emergencies! The Clever Co Parent is great for helping out in situations like this but, what if I can’t get a hold of him? A little rewind here, The Co Parent has a phone that is awful as it’s always shutting off and he never knows it. So I have been in situations when I’ve tried to call him and he doesn’t answer. I know that if he had the kids he would try to call me but I do panic when I can’t get a hold of him when it comes to our kids. But, he hasn’t wanted to get a new phone because he didn’t want to get looped into another contract. I don’t blame him, phone contracts suck.
So how do I become the non naggy co parent but insist on him getting a new phone? I could get my 9 year old a phone but I really didn’t want to do that.
Enter Walmart Family Mobile phone plans. When I first heard about this plan I thought, whoa, too good to be true. When I presented this to him, I told him to come with me so we could explore this service together. We went to Walmart and did some exploring and found out this:
- The plan is $40 month, unlimited talk, text and web. No catches.
- No contracts.
- The phone service as in the towers are run off of T-Mobile’s network. Awesome because we are already with their service so I know it will be reliable.
- The SIM card fits in any unlocked phone including iPhone 4!
- Porting (transferring) a phone number is easy! Luckily the Clever Co Parent was not on a contract with his phone service so he was able to get the number released quickly!
- Online account management and information is easily accessed through https://www.myfamilymobile.com/
- There are 3 easy ways to activate! All you need is the SIM card which you will receive when you purchase the $25 activation kit and you can activate in store, online or via the phone. We had a small issue doing it online so when we did it over the phone and it took only 5 minutes we were stoked!
Luckily we were able to get him an unlocked phone (that works) and we lowered his service rate! Also, no contracts!
Now I’ll be able to get a hold of him without worry!