Cross one thing of the Clever Pink Pirate’s bucket list: I ran in the Color Run. Ohhkk I didn’t run the whole time but still we completed it and we weren’t even close to being last! I ran in The Color Run with a team of my favorite bloggy friends #AZColorBloggers
(pssst, see more photos when you click “more”)
- Sara from MomEndeavors.com
- Heather from http://briebrieblooms.com/
- Allison from Allisonwaken.com and allfortheboys.com
- Becca from OurCrazyBoys.com
- Heather from Http://KustomKissers.com
- Karen from http://DesertChicaRamblings.com
- Jessi from http://www.shuggilippo.com/
- Courtney from http://wilhelmfam.com
- Michelle from http://thethomasfamilypeas.blogspot.com/
One thing we weren’t planning on when we signed up: Rain. Can you believe it? Phoenix POURING rain, on all days. But, that didn’t stop us. In fact, I think it made the experience more fun. More identified. More awesome.
Yes it was cold (Winter in Phoenix is still a cold 50 something degrees) and it was wet. Sopping wet. But, it made it more of a challenge and the colors that much more cool. So not only did we do The Color Run, we did it in the blistery cold rain and we completed the whole thing without a short cut or
a complaint many complaints. Hey check out those photo bombers!
We ran through the 4 stations: Pink, Yellow, Orange and Blue. Blue being the most intense because the volunteers there were very eager with the blue plus it flooded so there was a smurf lake where we soaked our shoes and came home with blue feet.
When we finished, it was awesome. We stayed for the stage party where we got to dance in the mud and throw colors. That was a fun payoff for finishing the run in the rain and colored chaos.
I had so much fun, if you have the chance to do The Color Run, do it. Rain or Shine I promise you will have fun! Find more info at TheColorRun.com
Here are a few more fun before and after’s:
Sara from MomEndeavors.com and I!
Fails of this experience:
My shirt. I found these super cute iron on glitter letters. They were fine until I got in the rain. My recommendations if you are doing a shirt, try fabric paint or iron on fabric/printer transfer paper. But really, if you get as colored as I was it really doesn’t have to be too pretty.
Green Hair (more about this below)
Tips for The Color Run:
- Grease your hair up with conditioner or oil. Had I read this the day before, my hair would not be green today
- Pack Towels for you to dry off with before you get in in your car and to cover your car seats.
- Bring bandannas for your hair and to keep over your face so this color will not get in your mouth, nose etc.
- Keep some baby wipes in your car because the color will spread and this color gets everywhere. EVERYWHERE.
- Protect your valuables with zip lock bags. Phones for the most part should work in the clear zip lock bags.
- Bring extra clothes to keep in your car.
- Wear sunglasses to keep color out of your eyes, especially helpful if you wear contacts.
- Bring trash bags or plastic bags to throw your colored clothes in.
- Utilize stores like Goodwill to find items like running shorts/pants and running packs. I had a hip pack made of nylon so it wiped away nicely.
- Designate a photographer in the group, either someone who is running that can keep all the photos on their phone to send to everyone or someone sitting on the sidelines to support.
- When you are showering the color off, use a body scrub. I personally keep Fast Orange in my shower because of all my DIY endeavors. It’s a hand soap with pumice geared towards mechanics. I scrubbed head to toe in this and it came off easily!
- Put baby oil in your hair or a leave in conditioner prior to the race.
- Wear a hat or bandanna.
- If you are reading this because you have green or other colored hair, try washing multiple times. Use items like lemon juice, tomato sauce, baking soda and a clarifying shampoo. These are tips that I received from my instagram buds.
- If you have long hair like I do, put it up before the race.
- After the race, do not take it down until you are standing in the shower. The color flakes and therefor gets everywhere.
You should know: I did receive a complimentary bib for this but all opinions, fun and green hair expressed in this post are 100 % my own.