This year mom
slacked off was late on the Advent Calendar. Last year I planned ahead, cut and even sewed each piece!
This year since I ran out of time, I decided to still do something special. I made a 12 days of Christmas Advent Activity Calendar. I was able to do this with just paper bags (oversized) and advent printables from Paper Cotiere http://www.papercoterie.com/blog/countdown-the-12-days-of-christmas-with-us/
You can print them for free and yours will probably look better because you probably have full ink, lol.
I took 12 advent activities and printed them out to put in each bag and along with the activities, I put a little something to go with the theme or candy:
- It’s a great day to build houses for Gingerbread men to live in. (I put candies for the houses inside)
- Let’s Bake Cookies! (in the bag I put Santa teaspoons, measuring cups etc inside)
- Christmas cards for family and friends will warm the heart. Let’s get crafty tonight! (I put Christmas cards and markers inside)
- Baby it’s COLD outside! Let’s have a hot cocoa contest, who can come up with the most delicious hot cocoa delight? (syrup and marshmallows inside)
- Wanna go for a drive tonight? Let’s go check out the lights and get hot cocoa! (candy)
- It’s the time of year to give to others, we’re going shopping for those less fortunate. (money in an envelope)
- Who’s on your Christmas list? Let’s go shopping for gifts! (money in an envelope)
- Let’s wrap! We’ll have a wrapping partay tonight to wrap our gifts. (I put bows, ribbon and tape inside)
- Sometimes you just need to relax, what Christmas movies do you want to watch tonight? (I put popcorn inside)
- Merry Christmas! Let’s enjoy our day and spread cheer to others. (this is a day we will donate the goodies we purchased earlier and candy)
- Let’s be secret elves and pass out gifts to neighbors! (candy)
- Let’s sit by the fire and read Christmas stories. (a small book)
You can print these on a PDF here: Christmas advent
Do you do Advent calendars?