This year mom
slacked offÂ was late on the Advent Calendar. Last year I planned ahead, cut and even sewed each piece!
Â This year since I ran out of time, I decided to still do something special. I made a 12 days of Christmas Advent Activity Calendar. Â I was able to do this with just paper bags (oversized) and advent printables from Paper CotiereÂ http://www.papercoterie.com/blog/countdown-the-12-days-of-christmas-with-us/
You can print them for free and yours will probably look better because you probably have full ink, lol.
I took 12 advent activities and printed them out to put in each bag and along withÂ the activities, I put a little something to go with the theme or candy:
- Â Itâ€™s a great day to build houses for Gingerbread men to live in. (I put candies for the houses inside)
- Â Letâ€™s Bake Cookies! (in the bag I putÂ Santa teaspoons, measuring cups etc inside)
- Â Christmas cards for family and friends will warm the heart. Letâ€™s get crafty tonight! (I put Christmas cards and markers inside)
- Â Baby itâ€™s COLD outside! Letâ€™s have a hot cocoa contest, who can come up with the most delicious hot cocoa delight? (syrup and marshmallows inside)
- Â Wanna go for a drive tonight? Letâ€™s go check out the lights and get hot cocoa! (candy)
- Â Itâ€™s the time of year to give to others, weâ€™re going shopping for those less fortunate. (money in an envelope)
- Â Whoâ€™s on your Christmas list? Letâ€™s go shopping for gifts!Â (money in an envelope)
- Â Letâ€™s wrap! Weâ€™ll have a wrapping partay tonight to wrap our gifts. (I put bows, ribbon and tape inside)
- Â Sometimes you just need to relax, what Christmas movies do you want to watch tonight? (I put popcorn inside)
- Â Merry Christmas! Letâ€™s enjoy our day and spread cheer to others. (this is a day we will donate the goodies we purchased earlier and candy)
- Â Letâ€™s be secret elves and pass out gifts to neighbors! (candy)
- Â Letâ€™s sit by the fire and read Christmas stories. (a small book)
You can print these on a PDF here:Â Christmas advent Â
Do you do Advent calendars?