Ugh, Mondays. Probably most definitely my least favorite day of the week especially after an extremely draining week like last week. Last week consisted of:
- Falling down the stairs in my fuzzy slippers and taking a ride down the stairs on my back (ouch).
- My mother having surgery (a very painful one for her).
- My email getting hacked (damn hotmail hackers).
- Basketball games, back to school etc blah blah blah.
Of course, the weekend goes so fast then it’s Monday again. Since I’m trying to be you know, the best me, I’m trying to make Mondays suck a little less.
I’m going to go ahead and share a few of the ways I am trying to do just that:
- Program the coffee pot the night before, because the last thing I want to do is fumble for my grinder and beans on Monday morning. You don’t want to see me without coffee. You’ve been warned.
- Take the trash out on Sunday, mainly to avoid running outside like a fool in my pajamas and slippers when I hear the garbage truck to make sure that the trash can is on the curb before the garbage truck gets to my house.
- Plan out my week, on Sundays. I find that I will be rushing through my Monday morning going, what the heck do I have going on this week? I’m going to make the calendar my bestest friend.
- Cleaning can wait. I’ve found lately that I have become a cleaning uhmmmm we’ll just say monster, where everything has to be clean every day. Well forget about it, Monday. Unless the dirty laundry is starting to grab the children and the trash is creating a new monument, it’s all going to be pushed back to Monday night. Hey maybe even Tuesday.
- A little shopping never hurt anyone. Hey even if it’s just browsing, looking online at a new pair of shoes or just seeing what the daily deals are that day can take my mind of the assistance of Mondays.
- Make plans with a friend. Whether it’s coffee or lunch or even just a phone call, I’m going to push Monday’s buttons by avoiding the “have to’s” and instead sharing that time with a friend.
- Wake up and say, Good Morning Monday, you can suck it!”. 😀 Or you know, another type of positive mantra.
- Blog. I do find my best ideas come on Mondays, you know like this blog post.
So ya there you go, my best tips I have to share about avoiding a case of the Mondays.
What do you do when you have a case of the Mondays?