As of June 20th, just like that Instagram trumps Vine by having photos AND videos. I am personally excited because I didn’t like switching apps to use video and there seems to be many advantages to using the video features on Instagram. I watched the press release with Facebook Mark Zuckerberg and Instagram’s Keven Systrom yesterday and played around with it when it was made available in the Google Play store and on the iPad.
Highlights of the video features on Instagram are:
- 15 Second videos.
- Ability to delete the last frame (I LOVE this as I am always messing something up).
- 13 brand new filters just for videos.
- Cinema which is a video stabilizer that makes your videos steady and clear once you publish them.
- Choose a cover photo, this seems ideal if your followers have auto play off.
Tips before using Instagram Video:
- Be sure to update your app in the iTunes or Google Play market.
- Go to your options and turn off Auto Play. This way you have to click on the video to watch it. If you aren’t in a video watching mood, you can just scroll on through with no worries about it automatically playing.
*Tip for Android Users for Instagram Video: Make sure you have the latest version of Android.
You can do this by
- Going to Settings
- Scroll to About Phone
- Click Software Updates
- Click Check Now
- This will give you the option to download 4.1.1
- If you do not have this version, you will not be able to take video
Tips on recording on Instagram:
- Click on the camera button and click the video option.
- Press and hold the video button.
- Made a mistake? Just click delete button to erase the last frame. You can continue to do this if needed.
- Click next to choose your filter.
- Click next to choose your cover photo.
- Click next to add your caption and share. You can share to Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr.