This post features the Clever Teen and her super creative mind. This year like every year, she had trouble figuring out what she wanted to be. This year she was determined to not make her costume and she wanted to buy one. Alas one and a half days before Halloween, she decided she wanted to make her costume.
Enter the ventriloquist dummy costume and makeup. This was actually an extremely easy costume to put together on my part. We found the pieces at thrift stores within 30 minutes. We are actually lucky to live near a strip mall that features quite a few thrift stores. Even luckier, we went on a day they were all participating in 50% off sales.
Ventriloquist Dummy Costume & Makeup
- Long sleeve white shirt ($2)
- Black bowtie ($.50)
- Red suspenders ($1)
- Eyelashes ($.50 from Target a few years ago)
- Makeup (white powder, white cream, black cream, red lipstick)
The How To:
- Cover face in a white powder
- Outline the eyes and mouth with a black eyeliner.
- Fill in around the eyes with a white costume makeup.
- Fill in the mouth with black.
- Fill in the lips with red except the bottom real lip, fill in with white.
- Line the teeth with the eyeliner.
- Fill in the cheese with lipstick.
- Glue the eyelashes on.
- Dot the face with black eyeliner for the freckles.