^^^^^The Knock Offs I created ^^^^^
It’s about that time, time to show something I totally fell in love with at Pottery Barn then proceeded with a much cheaper knock off.
This one is the Parat Bowl, pictured below at PotteryBarn.com. Beautiful, no?
^^^^^ The Real Deal from PotteryBarn.com ^^^^^
But wouldn’t you know, it comes with an $89 price tag. Per Mirror. Yep, a little out of my price range.
So I hit up my local thrift stores and found these vintage beauties:
Project: Parat Mirrors, A DIY Pottery Barn Knockoff
- Wooden Salad Bowls
- Circular Mirrors (found at Hobby Lobby)
- Killz Primer Spray Paint
- Gorilla Glue (original)
- Gorilla Glue (wood)
- Picture Hangers
- Bronze Rust-Oleum Hammered Spray Paint
This was my first time working with this paint, the hammered line allows the paint to hide imperfections, which I liked.
The How To:
- I wiped the bowls down and spayed them with Killz.
- After 1 coat, I sprayed the bowls with a heavy coat of Rust-Oleum Spray Paint.
- Once they dried, I fit the circular mirrors inside. Where it gets tricky is the bow of the bottom of the bowls wouldn’t allow for a correct size mirror to fit. I ended up using Gorilla glue because I knew it would “swell” and make a 3D like adhesive. I generously gave the middles of the mirrors some Gorilla Glue and adhered them to the inside of the bowls.
- I then glued the picture hangers onto the back with the Gorilla Wood Glue and let them dry.
Be careful when working with Gorilla Glue, if it gets on your hands or out of a small area, it could create a large mess.
Don’t rush it, allow the steps to dry each time!