Fall is here and I can not wait to start baking, so I started this week! I wanted to start baking season with cupcakes to celebrate the kids great report cards. Also, I wanted to fix my Fall cravings. A few weeks ago in Walmart I saw the new Cool Whip Frosting and I was definitely intrigued. I usually make my own frosting however, when I’m in a pinch I’ll use canned frosting so I thought a frozen frosting may bring a fresh taste to my cupcakes!
I wanted to make a spiced cupcake and I decided to purchase the chocolate Cool Whip Frosting to go along with my spiced cupcakes.
Recipe: Cocoa Spiced Cupcakes w/ Chocolate Cool Whip Frosting & Cinnamon Butterscotch Drizzle
Spiced Cocoa Cupcakes Recipe
- 1/2 cup of softened butter/margarine
- 1 3/4 cup of of granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 individual sized applesauce, cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice *see mix below
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa
- 2 cups of flour
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1.5 tsp of baking powder
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- Preheat oven to 365 degrees.
- Cream together butter, sugars, applesauce, vanilla and egg until well blended.
- Mix together dry ingredients (flour, salt, cocoa, baking soda and baking powder).
- Pour the creamed ingredients into the dry mix, then mix well.
- Pour the mix into baking cups and cook in oven for 25 minutes.
When they are cooking and cooling, cook the butterscotch topping.
Cinnamon Butterscotch Syrup Topping Recipe
- 2/3 cup of butter scotch chips
- 1/4 cup of cinnamon baking chips
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup of butter (unsalted)
This needs extra attention so be careful to not scorch this sauce.
on medium heat, cut in butter and condensed milk.
Carefully continue to stir until butter is melted. Slowly add in baking chips and continue to stir until well mixed. It may take around 7 minutes, remember to continuously stir to avoid scorching. The syrup will be done when it is a golden color and all of the chips are melted.
Pumpkin Pie Spice Recipe
This is extremely easy to make and if you buy bulk sized cinnamon, it will save you money!
- 4 tablespoons of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of ginger
- 2 teaspoons of nutmeg
- 1.5 teaspoons of cloves
Mix these spices together and keep in a spice jar.
Top the cupcakes with the Cool Whip Frosting and drizzle the Butterscotch syrup on top. If you let the syrup harden in the fridge, just scoop some into a bowl and warm it up to have a runny consistency again.
So how did they taste? The cupcakes actually tasted like cookies and with the Cool Whip frosting on top, it was a perfect blend of yummyness! The Cool Whip frosting really tasted creamy which I loved.
Want to see more Cool Whip Frosting creations/ Check out the Kraft Cool Whip Frosting Pinterest Board http://pinterest.com/cbsocially/kraft-cool-whip-frosting/
See more of my shopping adventures here: https://plus.google.com/photos/115520848880526546694/albums/5803491931010583073
I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community. This content has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™ and Kraft Cool Whip. #CoolWhipFrosting #CBias #SocialFabric